Join our Volunteer Program!
Our organization could not exist without volunteers and they are a huge part of what keeps us moving forward! As a private, nonprofit organization, we rely on the assistance of caring and hard-working volunteers in all of our programs, and are excited that you are interested in becoming a part of that. We look forward to introducing you BDAR and to the ways in which you can help us grow.
Interested in fostering? Find more information here!
Volunteers are required to:
- Submit an online application, which includes signing a Volunteer Agreement and a Release and Waiver of Liability form
- Attend an orientation session
- If under 18:
- 16-17 years old – provide a parent waiver after youth and parent have attended volunteer orientation
- Attend additional training sessions as required by BDAR
- Treat animals in our care with kindness and concern for their welfare
- Represent themselves and BDAR! in a professional manner and treat clients, staff, and other volunteers with respect
Volunteer orientation is mandatory before you can volunteer for BDAR. You will receive an email containing a link to register for a volunteer orientation session after you submit your application. At orientation, we go over the goals and policies of the organization, as well as explaining volunteer opportunities.
There is a nonrefundable registration fee which will guarantee you a spot at volunteer orientation. If you are volunteering as a family, you will only need to pay one reservation fee but will only receive one volunteer t-shirt. The reservation fee schedule is as follows:
Youth (16-17) $20
Students w/id $20
Seniors (60+) $20
All others $30
Note that the registration fee funds BDAR programs, so if you are able to reserve a spot at the higher fee we appreciate the additional support. Orientation sessions are scheduled 1-2 months in advance. You will receive a link to register for orientation after you submit a volunteer application.
A reservation is required to attend volunteer orientation. No spots will be available for walk-in attendees. Please fill out the volunteer application, and our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you as soon as possible.