Join our Volunteer Program!
Our organization could not exist without volunteers and they are a huge part of what keeps us moving forward! As a private, nonprofit organization, we rely on the assistance of caring and hard-working volunteers in all of our programs, and are excited that you are interested in becoming a part of that. We look forward to introducing you BDAR and to the ways in which you can help us grow.
Interested in fostering? Find more information here!
Volunteers are required to:
- Submit an online application, which includes signing a Volunteer Agreement and a Release and Waiver of Liability form
- Attend an orientation session
- If under 18:
- 16-17 years old – provide a parent waiver after youth and parent have attended volunteer orientation (youth and parent must each submit an individual online application)
- 12-15 years old – be supervised by a parent/guardian at all times after youth and parent have attended volunteer orientation (youth and parent must each submit an individual online application)
- Attend additional training sessions as required by BDAR
- Treat animals in our care with kindness and concern for their welfare
- Represent themselves and BDAR! in a professional manner and treat clients, staff, and other volunteers with respect
*WE ARE CURRENTLY AT FULL CAPACITY FOR VOLUNTEERS IN CHEYENNE, AND ARE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS ONLY FOR LARAMIE AND CASPER CHAPTERS.
Volunteer orientation is mandatory before you can volunteer for BDAR. You will receive an email containing a link to register for a volunteer orientation session after you submit your application. At orientation, we go over the goals and policies of the organization, as well as explaining volunteer opportunities.
There is a nonrefundable registration fee which will guarantee you a spot at volunteer orientation. If you are volunteering as a family, you will only need to pay one reservation fee but will only receive one volunteer t-shirt. The reservation fee schedule is as follows:
Youth (12-17) $20
Students w/id $20
Seniors (60+) $20
All others $30
Note that the registration fee funds BDAR programs, so if you are able to reserve a spot at the higher fee we appreciate the additional support. Orientation sessions are scheduled 1-2 months in advance. You will receive a link to register for orientation after you submit a volunteer application.
A reservation is required to attend volunteer orientation. No spots will be available for walk-in attendees.
Top dog leadership team
The TOP DOG Volunteer Leadership team is comprised of BDAR’s most dedicated volunteers who are cross trained in a variety of volunteer opportunities. This team helps us keep momentum on current programs, serves as point of contact for new volunteers and to be a link between staff and the entire volunteer base to ensure volunteer satisfaction and morale. TOP DOGS make extra commitments to the organization including three annual team meetings, proficiency in three or more volunteer opportunities, display a strong commitment to the values and goals of the organization, participate in annual success discussions with the program manager and participate in our largest events. Membership is open to any active volunteer who can meet the minimum requirements.
We are fortunate to have an extremely strong leadership team who are involved at every level of the organization including adoptions, marketing, fundraising, and community programs.