Welcome to the Black Dog Animal Rescue Inc adoption program!
The following information is requested so we can assist you in the selection of a new dog. This form and a consultation with a BDAR representative are designed to help you find a dog most compatible to your lifestyle.
- Online form – Please allow 48 hours for confirmation that your application was received. If you do not get an e-mailed response verifying that your application was received, please contact us as we have had a rare problem not getting submitted applications through our server. Thank you.
- Download the PDF form and mail it to:
Black Dog Animal Rescue, P.O. Box 2435, Cheyenne, WY 82003
In order to be considered as an adopter you must:
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Complete this application in its entirety (If the answer to a question does not apply, please indicate this on the application, incomplete applications will not be considered).
- Have all dogs and cats in the home over 6 months of age spayed or neutered, unless there are verifiable medical reasons for not doing so.
- Have dogs and cats in the home current on rabies vaccinations per city requirements.
- If you rent, you must have the knowledge and consent of your landlord.
- Agree to have a home visit done by one of our volunteers. The volunteer will need to see the area of the home where the dog will be allowed and also visit with family members and current pets. Distance is a factor in whether or not the required home visit can be completed. We are a 100% volunteer run organization. Although we do have volunteer contacts in many areas, some areas may be difficult for us to locate a volunteer to conduct the home visit. We will let you know ASAP if your application needs to be denied due to our inability to find a volunteer to conduct the home visit.
- Be able and willing to spend the time and money necessary to provide training, medical treatment, and proper care for a pet.
- Pay an adoption fee.
For Mobile Adoption Drives Only: Applications will be accepted and home visits completed the day of the adoption drive. However, applicants must wait a full 24 hours before bringing the dog home and signing the adoption agreement so as to have time to think about the decision and to allow BDAR staff to thoroughly consider all aspects of the pending adoption and to check references.
Completion of this application does not guarantee adoption of a BDAR dog, neither does it commit you to an adoption should you be approved.